Tourelle Lifebrokers Limited FSP#750392 holds a licence issued by the Financial Markets Authority.
Tourelle Lifebrokers, financial advisers provide financial advice to our clients about their life insurance, disability, health/medical insurance, and Kiwisaver.
We only provide financial advice about products from certain providers:
- For life insurance, we work with five companies – AIA, Asteron, Cigna, Fidelity and Partners Life
- For health insurance, we work with three providers – AIA, NIB and Partners Life
- For KiwiSaver and investment products, we provide advice on a wide range KiwiSaver products, a wide range of NZ-based managed investment products, NZX50 and ASX200 equities, and NZ government and corporate bonds. We deal with one company – Generate.
Tourelle Lifebrokers and our financial advisers receive commissions from the providers on whose products we give financial advice (insurers and KiwiSaver providers). If you decide to take out insurance or to take our KiwiSaver advice, the provider will pay a commission to Tourelle Lifebrokers and to your financial adviser. The amount of commission is based on the amount of the premium or the KiwiSaver balance.
Tourelle Lifebrokers advice provided to a client where a client cancels a life or health insurance policy within two years of inception. Whether a fee will be charged and the manner in which it will be charged will be advised when the advice is provided to the client. This fee will be payable by the client by the 20th of the month after the policy is cancelled.
To ensure that our financial advisers prioritise our clients’ interests above their own, we follow an advice process that ensures our recommendations are made on the basis of each client’s goals and circumstances. All our financial advisers undergo annual training about how to manage conflicts of interest. We undertake a compliance audit, and a review of our compliance programme is undertaken annually by a reputable compliance adviser.
If you are not satisfied with our financial advice service you can make a complaint by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling: 0800 865 855.
You can also write to us at: Tourelle Lifebrokers, PO Box 132, Waihi Beach 3642.
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it following our internal complaints process:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve it.
- We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days of receiving them.
- If we can’t, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint.
- We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
If we can’t resolve your complaint, or you aren’t satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact Financial Dispute Resolution Service. Financial Dispute Resolution Service provides a free, independent dispute resolution service that may help investigate or resolve your complaint, if we haven’t been able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction. You can contact Financial Dispute Resolution Service, Freepost 231075, PO Box 2272, Wellington 6140, phone 0508 337 337.
Tourelle Lifebrokers, and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice.
We are required to:
- Give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests
- Exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice
- Meet standards of competence, knowledge and skill set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure that we have the expertise needed to provide you with advice)
- Meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should, and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. More information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz.
You can contact us at Tourelle Lifebrokers Limited in the following ways.
Phone: 0800 865 855
Address: PO Box 132, Waihi Beach 3642